9.26.2012

Renaissance of Wonder




                We need a renaissance of wonder. We need to renew, in our hearts and in our souls, the deathless dream, the eternal poetry, the perennial sense that life is miracle and magic  -E Merrill Root




 What is being a mother if not a revival of our own childhood?   My daughters do me the great honor of letting me see the world through their eyes.  When I catch a little moment of their magic,  when I get caught up in their wonder,  it fills me up.   All the world is set right.  On our trip to the zoo my baby girl stood up against the aquarium with the big kids.  She pressed her nose to the glass and chortled as the sea lions sailed by.   She kept looking back at me as if to say "Are you seeing this?   Hey mom,  are you really seeing this?"  Yes baby girl,  I see it.  And it is wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. love the awe in children. That is why a mother and a Grandmother have such amazing joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love the way you put it! She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete