9.21.2012

How to watch Downton Abbey season 3 NOW!

I really wanted to call this post "Do it like a Brit."  But then I thought that might drive the wrong kind of traffic to my blog.  If you do want to watch Downton Abbey like a Brit,  with our friends across the pond, then you have come to the right place!  Since the new season doesn't air in the US until January and I never was known for my patience I did a little research and came up with a couple of fool proof plans.  First, some eye candy.

 
Been raiding my closet again ladies?
 
 
 
 
                            Oh Mathew, don't look at me like that! (on second thought, please do!)
                                      
If you want to watch, here’s all you have to do:
1. Download Tunnel Bear.
2. Install TunnelBear.
3. Create an account for TunnelBear and pay the $4.99/month for unlimited bandwidth– the free 500 MB is not enough. 
4. Turn on TunnelBear and switch the dials to “On” and “UK”
5. Open a new browser window
.6. Go to the iTV player
Click on the Downton Abbey _ watch, let the english grandeur roll over you, as you salivate and wonder why you couldn't be born in the 1920's

If you have an HDMI cord for your tv then you can hook up your computer to your tv and watch it in full screen glory.  Also on iTv the adds are British which I feel is an added bonus. Commercials with an english accent are so less irritating than ones without.
Call you sister or best friend to brag that you got to watch the new season, and after sufficient bragging direct them to these instructions.

4 comments:

  1. I was just trying to figure out how to watch this the other day, thank you! And you are hilarious ("on second thought, please do")! I really did LOL when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have been trying to avoid spoilers which never works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I will check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eep ! I like in the UK and I haven't even watched it yet !! I was waiting to buy the boxset on DVD then have it on DVD forever !!!! Oh how I love Downton !
    I am hosting a blog hop today over at my blog :-)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete